CALL US NOW (608) 246-4730

Waukesha County

Housing & Case Management Programs

Project WISH

The Waukesha Innovative Supportive Housing (WISH) project is a multi-service program for those who meet the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development’s (HUD) definition of chronic homelessness. The program is intended to help chronically homeless with disabilities move toward self-sufficiency. Founded on the principles of Housing First, meaning we address housing needs to stabilize housing first before other issues and barriers, SHP offers long-term case management to help participants get back on their feet. In Waukesha County, a HUD-sponsored network called the Housing Action Coalition maintains a community-wide priority list of those who meet this definition. When CAC has an opening, we refer to this list and reach out to those with the highest priority housing needs. To find out if you’re eligible, contact CAC for more information and to be assessed for the priority list.

Rapid Re-Housing

In this limited-term program, your caseworker will help you find housing and may assist with rental assistance and covering the cost of a security deposit. They also offer coaching and support for any concerns that might affect your long-term housing. The caseworker reaches out to those with limited household incomes who are on Waukesha County’s Housing Action Coalition (HAC) housing priority list. The Rapid Re-Housing program is an option for those who are literally homeless by definition according to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

Housing Resource & Referral

This program offers housing navigation services and information and referral on supportive housing options in Waukesha County.  Please be prepared to answer some basic questions about your household and housing situation. Housing Resource & Referral is available weekdays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.

Telecommunications Assistance

For eligible individuals and families with restricted incomes, this program offers a way to catch up on past due telephone bills, including a cell phone or Internet bill threatening the loss of service.  To receive short-term financial assistance, you may be advised to change your service plan(s) to a more cost-effective option.

To find out if you qualify for any of CAC’s Housing & Case Management programs, please visit CAC’s office in Waukesha located at 2312 North Grandview Blvd., Suite 102, or call (262) 354-4017.

For Veterans services in Dane, Jefferson or Waukesha counties please call 608-237-1252

Housing lists

CAC compiles a list of affordable housing available in Waukesha County.

View Housing List [PDF]


To schedule a one-on-one or group workshop, contact our office at (262) 354-4017.

Smart Tenant

This free workshop helps participants understand tenant laws and regulations, as well as landlord rights and responsibilities.

Smart Money

This free workshop helps participants understand banking institutions, credit reports, budgeting, and more!

Where To Find Guide

To learn more about resources in Waukesha County, view our guide.

View Guide [PDF]